Pregnancy can be a very exciting time for expectant mothers, but some time must be devoted to reducing stress levels, easing strain, and to the act of relaxation.
The beneﬁts of a gentle yoga practice will help you take proper care of the emotional, physical and spiritual health for the 9 months of pregnancy and beyond — for both you and your baby.
Practicing yoga postures during pregnancy enhances a feeling of well being through gentle and progressive stretching and breathing exercises; standing asanas give a firm foundation for the baby’s growth while strengthening legs and ankles, bringing mobility to hips and spine.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
Taking a Prenatal Yoga class is a great way to meet other mothers. Being in a pregnant positive, supportive environment with others like you can give you a regular emotional boost and keep you motivated to continue exercising.
Other beneﬁts include:
- Improved sleep
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Increase in strength, ﬂexibility and endurance
- Decreased lower back pain, nausea, headaches and shortness of breath
- Lowered risk of pre-term labor, pregnancy-induced hypertension and intrauterine growth restriction – a condition that slows the baby’s growth
- Prenatal yoga breathing techniques can help you reduce or manage shortness of breath during pregnancy and work through contractions during labor
- Gentle stretching for neck and arms, through their full range of motion
- At the end of each prenatal yoga class, you’ll relax your muscles and restore your heart rate and breathing rhythm.
At Sharmila’s Yoga Studio, you can expect the very best. All classes will be gentle, and will offer modiﬁed standing and seated poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques.
The Yoga Studio reserves a special timing for the Prenatal Yoga class:
11:40 am - 12:30 pm (Monday to Friday)
Walk into our Banjara Hills studio for further enquiries.